Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Aug 8, 2016

PSA: Nine Days Siyyumim on the radio

Personally I do not look for siyyumim during the Nine Days in order to be able to eat meat. If I happen to be finishing something, I'll make a siyyum, but I won't schedule something to be specifically during the Nine Days. Others do differently, and that's fine by me.

FYI - here is a schedule, put out by Chabad, of siyyums that will be broadcast over the radio to increase the happiness of Torah during this sad time of mourning, as per the instructions fo the Lubavitcher Rebbe (zt"l). These siyyums will be broadcast on Radios Kol Hai and Kol Berama at different times of the day, as per the schedule below...






------------------------------------------------------
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
------------------------------------------------------

6 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if eating meat is allowed at a siyum during 9 days if that is not what is regularly done. Most siyums I've been too have not had meat. Perhaps I'm not hanging out with the right crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. every siyyum I've ever been a part of (as a participant - not a guest), and I use the word "ever" loosely as my memory is not *that* good, has been meat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can you have a siyum on Tisha B'Av itself? It's assur to learn. And *why* would you have a siyum on that day?

    This whole thing is a bit hokey.

    Also notice that they cleverly don't mention meat, only "simcha." I thought the whole point was that you're supposed to be sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. interesting catch. I hadn't really parsed the schedule. that is strange. maybe because it is nidhe so after chatzos is ok?
      I am not familiar with the Lubavitch opinion on siyyums and meat during the 9 days, but they specifically call this as a need to add simcha of torah during these days of less simcha. what i thought of was that means normally simcha not based in torah is a good thing, and during the 9 days we minimize it.

      Delete
  4. Are the siyumim live or are they prerecorded? If prerecorded were they recorded before the nine days and are there reruns?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont know. I havent listened

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...