Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

May 6, 2015

Interesting Psak: wedding rings for men

In the USA it is not uncommon for men, in the Orthodox community, In Israel it is far less common.

Rav Stav has issued a psak, which he wrote up in the new edition of Techumin, in which he says that while in some communities men should not rear rings, as there is no need to, but in other communities where the men work in mixed-gender environments, they should wear wedding rings to remind both them and the others around them that they are married and thereby avoid any unpleasant situations. And if the wife requests it, the husband should definitely respond positively.
source: INN

I've known people who have worn a ring for that very reason, some only putting the ring on when going to work or to the environment in which they feel it must be worn, though not wearing it when back home and in his regular social environment. Even though some do, in my experience I think most religious men in Israel still do not wear wedding rings, though I think I have noticed in increase in recent years..



------------------------------------------------------
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
------------------------------------------------------

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if my eyes have ever rolled so much in my life!

    Take 'Em Off! Now!

    And Jews complain about Sha"S having control over the Ministry of Religious Affairs??

    B"H they have control over it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to wear one but it got annoying needing to remove and put back on for netila. My wife does not wear one or care much for jewelry either, as long as I remember where the ring she gave me is at all times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *LIKE* I remember when my father lost his ring. My mother was livid. Then she realized it was an excuse to buy new ones, so now she has two. She, of course, kept both of them after the divorce. ;-)

      Delete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...