Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Dec 8, 2013

iPhone owners can't be chazzan

iPhones. The devil does not provide as much frum attention as the iPhone does.

Some of the things you cannot do if you own an iPhone:

There is a new one being added to the list..

Rav Ovadiah Yosef's son-in-law, Rav Aharon Butbol, said on his radio show this past Friday that anybody with an iPhone cannot lead the services in shul and be the chazzan. Rav Butbol said that everyone sins, but most people regret their sins. However, someone with an iPhone sins regularly and that is the type of person called "baal aveira" in the Shulchan Aruch, and such a person cannot be the chazzan.

Rav Butbol does qualify his statement by adding that if one goes into shul and the chazzan has an iPhone, of course he should respond amen to the chazzan's brachot, and he should for sure continue to daven there.. but if he has a choice to select a chazzan, he should select one without an iPhone...
(source: Kikar)





------------------------------------------------------
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
------------------------------------------------------

5 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm trying to figure out when, exactly, am I sinning with my iPhone?

    Is it when I place a call to cheer someone up, or get someone for learning or a minyan?
    Is it when I use an app that allows me to check the kashrut of various products?
    Is it when I us the app that helps me find a kosher place to eat while traveling?
    Is it when I'm learning from one of the many, many seforim I have on apps?
    Is it when I use the app that tells me Shabbat times?
    Is it when I listen to one of the many podcasts I have for shiurei Torah?
    Is it when I use one of the medical apps that help me provide better patient care?
    Is it when I access the internet to look up some medical information my partner and I don't know?
    Is it when I send a photo or message to my wife, which enhances Shalom Bayit?

    When, exactly, am I sinning by using an iPhone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem is your mincha-alert timer. They'll figure out why later.

      Delete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...