Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Oct 12, 2011

Did The Iryah of Bet Shemesh Really Remove Tzedaka Boxes?

I decided to write a follow-up to the post a couple days ago about the Iryah removing tzedaka boxes from the bus stops.

The next day I was at a bus stop and one could clearly see that the tzedaka boxes had been removed. First of all, they were no longer there. Second of all, you could see the damage done to the bus stop due to the shaving off of the box.

count 5 tzedaka boxes

Yesterday in the evening I was at a different bus stop, and there were 5, that's right - 5, tzedaka boxes attached to various parts of the bus stop. I wondered if maybe the Iryah had missed this bus stop or if perhaps after they were all removed, the organizations simply drove around and put them back up. I decided against option number 2, as if there were one or two local boxes that might make sense, but 5 different organizations got their act together that quickly and immediately drove around to various bus stops and put them back? That was too much to believe.

As the bus made its way around the neighborhood, I paid partial attention to the bus stops on the route. While there were a few with no boxes, most had 4 or 5 boxes welded on.

So, I do not know quite what the Iryah actually did, and I don't know what Chadash and the tzedaka organizations were making such a big deal out of. Maybe in one specific neighborhood they were removed, or maybe from certain bus stops. I don't know. But for the most part in RBS they are still there.

As an aside, there was one tzedaka box, and I noticed it at many of the bus stops I looked at, that does not even have any name on it. No contact number, no name of organization, nothing. Is it even tzedaka? Maybe some enterprising person just put it up to collect his own private money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...