Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

May 6, 2009

Would you pay 15k for a shidduch?

Somewhere in Bet Shemesh is a 34 year old woman advertising in the local ad papers that she is willing to pay 15,000NIS for a shidduch. (source: News1)

I didn't see the original, so I do not have the woman's phone number to make recommendations, but I will look for it in the local ad books. If you think of anybody, let me know and we'll split the fee.

Hatzlacha to her.

6 comments:

  1. Forgive my unfamiliarity with modern Hebrew, but is the word after the girl's age supposed to imply that she is intelligent?

    The Wolf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering the "going" rate of a sahdchan is $1000 - I would venture to guess that the "going" rate for "older" singles is more than that. If so, 15,000 Shekel is probably not more than double - and therefore, yes, its probably worth it - especially if it works.

    Any shidduch you make should get you $2000 for the shidduch

    ReplyDelete
  3. I paid $5000 US for my daughters shidduch.She was 21,but it was money well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so at her advanced age, she should be offering much more!

    I think in some of the recently published new takanos, maybe from belz maybe form a different group, they said one should not pay more than $1000 for a shidduch..

    ReplyDelete
  5. From your surprise, I assume you got married at a young age.

    Yes, If I wasn't married at that age, I'd spend that money (and more) to find a shiduch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. B"H

    What's her number?

    I'm available.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...