Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

May 15, 2007

I figured it out!

The police have been studying the cause of the traffic accidents in Israel, and have not been able to come to a conclusion.

I think I have figured out the cause of the great number of traffic accidents in Israel.

I received a delivery today of something I ordered from a company. The delivery was sent by a taxi driver.

I get stuff from him fairly frequently, so when I saw him last week sitting in the passenger seat of his taxi and someone else driving, I was curious what was going on. I asked him if he is training someone, maybe his son, to get into the business. He told me that he is not, rather his license had been suspended three months for something (which he would not specify) and he had to have a driver drive him around.

So, today I get another delivery from him. As we are dealing with the paperwork, a driver drives by with his hand holding down the horn. We looked up and did not see what they guy had been honking at. The taxi driver muttered, "These crazy drivers. They are the problem."

Here is a guy with a suspended license kvetching that someone honked at some sort of obstruction. He is the type of driver that is the source of the traffic accident problem in Israel

3 comments:

  1. My theory, which I've had for a while, is that your typical Israeli is both smart (which would help avoid a majority of accidents) and selfish (which is a major factor in a majority of accidents). However, when there is a conflict, selfishness wins every time.

    This may not be true, but I think one would be hard pressed to find any flaws in my logic (besides objections to the typical Israeli being smart, which I'm ready to concede).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once we were rear-ended, and the truckdriver said it was because he was yelling at somebody else who tried to cut in front of him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he probably also blamed the other guy fro the accident he caused.....t is their fault he had to scream and not pay attention to the road...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...