Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Feb 12, 2006

Yerushalayim on the upswing..

I spent shabbos with my wife in downtown Yerushalayim at a hotel celebrating my cousins aufruf. We took a walk on shabbos before the meal and walked through a large park. We were amazed at what we saw.
No, I am not referring to the two Arabs we saw "making out" in one corner of the park.

The park was teeming with Jews. Jews of all flavors and all levels of religious belief. There were Jews walking around post-tefilla. There were Jews playing basketball and soccer with their children. Kids rollerblading. Some were just sitting in the sun relaxing or playing or picnicking. Some were jogging through. There was a group of young men and women walking home from shul. I overhead a few sentences of their conversation - they were affiliated with USY. They were walking home in their kippot and tzitzit carrying their tallit bags talking about their future with their affiliation to USY.
I am not condoning or legitimizing anybodies level of observance, or lack thereof. It is not my place to, nor in my interests to.
I am just saying it was beautiful to see Yerushalayim filled with Yidden. It was wonderful to see Jews who are proud to be Jews with excitement and energy and interest.
It was wonderful to see Yerushalayim Be'Vinyana.

2 comments:

  1. Bevinyana? Not quite. Not yet, anyway.
    Bevaneha - as in the beracha from sheva berachot "Mesame'ah Tziyon Bevaneha" - may be more accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe but see me earlier post at http://lifeinisrael.blogspot.com/2006/01/chardal-had-great-post-about-how-true.html and follow the link there to a story brought by chardal..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...